Resolution members commit to a Code of Practice that promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
What can you expect from a Resolution member?
Dealing with separation and divorce is difficult. Emotions are high and even if two people agree, the changes can be overwhelming and stressful.
Resolution believes the process of separating, sorting out finances and child care can and should be done in a way that minimises conflict and keeps the best interests of any children at the heart.
Resolution is an organisation of lawyers and other family justice professionals who are committed to following a non-confrontational and constructive approach to resolving family issues. Our code of practice promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family, in particular the best interests of children.
This means you can expect a Resolution member to:
- Listen to you, be honest with you and treat you with respect.
- Explain all the options and give you confidence to make the right decisions.
- Help you focus on what's important in the long-term.
- Help you balance financial and emotional costs with what you want to achieve.
- Work with others to find the right approach and the best solutions for you.
- Manage stress in what can be an already stressful situation.
Resolution has members across England and Wales providing a range of services, from lawyers and barristers to financial advisers and family therapists, but everyone agrees to respect code of practice when working to resolve your issues.
Family Law professionals who are Resolution members are identified by our membership logo.
If you are looking for support with your family issue, we have two family mediators who are Resolution members, Mary Field and Sue Jago.Resolution's Code of Practice
Resolution is a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way. Resolution membership is about the approach we take to our work. This means that as a Resolution member, I will:
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation; for example, by not using inflammatory language.
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use my experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop my knowledge and skills.
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in my day-to-day work.
And I will work with other Resolution members to uphold this Code and ensure it is at the heart of everything I do.
If you are looking for Family Mediation, please contact us today on email@example.com or phone us on 01273 694 661
We offer mediation in Bognor Regis | Brighton | Chichester, Clapham Common | Crawley | Croydon | East Grinstead | Eastbourne | Hastings | Haywards Heath | Horsham | Lewes | London | Redhill | Sutton | Tunbridge Wells | Worthing